Monday, October 25, 2010

New Release: His Darkest Embrace

I've been dying to post this interview with Juliana Stone since I read His Darkest Embrace in September, but I wanted to wait until it was closer to the release date. It's finally here, and you can buy His Darkest Embrace tomorrow, October 26th, 2010! Below is our interview:

Brenda: What type of research did you do for Jaguar Warriors series? There is so much detail in the location of His Darkest Embrace, plus the military aspect of the guys. Did you start out knowing where you wanted it to take place or did that develop as you were writing?

Juliana: I knew I wanted to write about shifters with vampires and sorcerers thrown in for good measure! I’d been to Belize on vacation and while researching jaguars came across mention of Jaguar Warriors. So it was a perfect scenario. Jaguars were an important part of the Mayan and Aztec cultures and I was able to take that and weave it into a story that encompassed North America and Belize!

Brenda: I have to tell you that I'm an Alpha fan all the way, and I think you took Jagger's alpha male personality to a new level. He's pretty dang intense and sexy. Do you ever stop and think to yourself, "Okay, that's a little over the top." or do you just go with it? Not that I'm complaining, because I loved Jagger.

Juliana: I’m a total pantser when I write and just go for it. I love alpha men, strong men who aren’t afraid to please their women or show a tender side. The kind of guy who will do whatever it takes to save the day. I’ve never deleted a scene or rewrote something because I thought it was way out there. My mind just goes and I follow!

Brenda: Has the last year been a whirlwind for you with two books going to print, plus two more digital releases? (I'll list them all with links at the end of the interview.) FOUR releases in one year is amazing. What was your time frame on the writing?

Juliana: Publishing is a slow ride but once the ride starts, it usually goes full steam ahead. Example, His Darkest Hunger was written in 2008. His Darkest Embrace was written in 2009. They were both released this year, BUT I wrote books 3 & 4 between mid February of this year and the end of August. That was tough, writing 2 full length books in six months, with revisions and copy edits thrown in…but you do whatever it takes!

Brenda: I noticed that you are a mom too ( I have a 17, 16 and 10 year old.). How has your writing changed since become a mother? Do you learn things from your kids as they get older?

Juliana: My kids are 14 and 11 respectively and as I’ve only been writing for 3 years nothing has changed really. I do have a goal of writing a YA that my kids can read, so that’s something I work on in my spare time.

Brenda: Do you think you'll stick to paranormal stories, or do you have an itch to write another type of book?

Juliana: The cool thing about writing is your only limited by where you mind can go. I love paranormal and my voice does tend to go dark, but I’d love to write a sexy, funny contemporary as well as mentioned earlier, a young adult.

Brenda: Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I truly loved His Darkest Embrace, and can't wait to read your other books.


THE REVIEW
His Darkest Embrace
Jaguar Warriors #2
Author: Juliana Stone
Publisher: Harper Collins, Inc
File Size: 588 KB
Print Length: 384 pages
Release: 10/26/10
Available in Paperback & for Kindle at Amazon

SUMMARY: Jagger is a creature of the night-Skye Knightly soars in the sun. Natural adversaries, they have been joined by destiny in a mission entrusted to Skye's family centuries ago: Nothing less than the salvation of the Earth. Wounded and bitter, Jagger sought escape in the solitude of the jungle, driven by a need to disappear forever. until a mysterious shifter who calls to his soul and feeds a yearning long forgotten, pulls him from his dark path. A courageous warrior, Skye's passion is equal to Jagger's own-but can she trust a man on the edge? A man whose secrets are as devastating as her own?

Skye Knightly, the heroine of His Darkest Embrace is on a mission, one that could save the world, but end her life. When she's rescued by Jagger, an ex-soldier trying to escape his past, they both find something they didn't expect. Saving the world almost seems easy compared to figuring out life and love. The author writes with passion and excitement, keeping the book fast paced and compelling. She takes the alpha male concept to a new level with Jagger. Skye is focused, intelligent, and cynical. Trust is not something she gives easily because she's been burned before. They both are suspicious of each other, yet it's impossible to deny the attraction between them.

The sexual tension, and passion between Skye and Jagger is intense right from the start. Don't expect a fast romp in the jungle with these two though. Jagger isn't a love and leave 'em type of guy. He's a stubborn shifter, who is tired of doing things he doesn't believe in, so he wants Skye body, heart and soul. We meet more of his family later in the story, and slowly learn why he is in the jungle. Plenty of action and suspense are mixed in with the romance which makes this His Darkest Embrace a great read.

If you enjoyed the Darkness Chosen series by Christina Dodd, or books by Lara Adrian you'll love His Darkest Embrace, and the other books in the series.

TEASER WORDS
waterfalls
caves
fire
flying
passion
brothers

Jaguar Warriors
1. His Darkest Hunger
2. His Darkest Embrace
3. His Darkest Salvation (7/2011)

Black Opals
1. Black Legacy
2. Black Destiny

You find out more about Juliana's book on her website:
http://julianastone.com/

She also blogs at one of my favorite places:
http://supernaturalunderground.blogspot.com/

~Brenda

CymLowell

3 comments:

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

That was a great interview! I'm off to find her books now. :)

Scorpio M. said...

Great interview, enjoyed it much. I'll be getting my own copy soon!

Julie said...

What a great interview!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries