Friday, October 22, 2010

Review: Tarnished Knight

Tarnished Knight
Grimm's Circle #4
Author: Shiloh Walker
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 569 KB
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Released: 10/26/10
Available for the Kindle from Amazon.

SUMMARY: One look at Jack Wallace and Perci knows he’s going to be trouble. Even surrounded by soul stealers, he’s a one-man wrecking crew. What does he need Grimm training for? He’s already hell on earth, a warrior bent on destruction. And something…more.

When they come together, it isn’t careful or cautious. It’s heaven and hell, exposing all their raw and wounded places to healing heat, resurrecting memories of a destined love from the distant past. But the evil that destroyed them once before has tracked them here, threatening their second and last chance at forever. Demanding a sacrifice no one—Grimm or human—should ever be asked to make…

Warning: Dark, sexy, a little bit scary—this fairy tale is only for grownups and is best saved for bedtime.

I asked to review Tarnished Knight because I had read the first book in the series, and I wondered where the author had taken her twisted fairy tales next. Shiloh Walker is an author who can take her readers to very dark places. I always imagine her saying to me "Listen, I'm taking these characters to a dark place, but trust me and I'll get them through it." Yes, I have a vivid imagination. Seriously though, Tarnished Knight is a story of broken, abused hearts, bodies and souls. Life is not always easy, and it's rare that someone looks across a crowded room, finds out soul mate with a glance, and lives happily ever after. Sometimes we have to go through the fire before we find love.

Tarnished Knight is a heart wrenching tale, but there is always a glimmer of hope, as we read of Luc, Perci, and Jack. Perci is a broken woman, and has been for 300 years. She probably would have remained so, if not for the interference of Will, her Grimm leader. He sets events in motion, and hopes things will turn out for the better. I love the message of this book, or at least what I perceived as the overall message. Sometimes we hang on to relationships when we shouldn't, causing pain to both individuals. Forgiveness doesn't always mean things go back to the way they were...it may mean moving on without that person to find happiness.

Tarnished Knight is a passionate, emotional story with scorching, healing sex scenes, and a mystery that must be solved and acknowledged by those involved. If you are already a fan of Shiloh Walker you will want to preorder Tarnished Knight so it's delivered the day it's released. If you haven't read her books, but you love Stacia Kane, Jacquelyn Frank, or Eve Silver, you should read Shiloh Walker, and Tarnished Knights.

TEASER WORDS
scissors
battle
princess
broken
demon
cue stick
bruises
goodbyes
living

You can find out more about Shiloh and the Grimm's Circle books on her website:
http://www.shilohwalker.com/

~Brenda

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

You know I have not read any of her books. I think I am missing some great stuff here. :) I'm going to have to add her to my list to try out. :) Thanks!