Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where I've Been Hanging Out

I've been working more on my freelance writing, and my fiction, since the New Year, hence the lack of posts, especially reviews. I've been very active on Good Reads, and it's been working really well for me to put a book on as I start it under "current reads" then do a quick review when I'm finished. You can find my page here: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2844600-brenda

I also write for the Old Fashioned Living.com blog and website, so you can find me there too.

The blog is here: http://oldtips.blogspot.com/

I share recipes, cooking, garden and home tips on the blog. My articles are on the website, and I usually

Saturday I was hanging out at the high school auditorium where my son was in their production of Camelot. He's been doing tech for the plays the last couple years, but this was his first on stage performance as King Arthur's herald. He only had 2 lines, but he did a great job yelling them out on stage. Here is a picture of his scene:


I loved this picture though because he looks so suave, and pleased with himself:) The entire musical was great fun, and I adore anything related to King Arthur's legend.


I will try to post more often. It's almost spring, and I've started thinking about gardening. I think I might do some blog posts on herb lore and use. I love growing herbs, and cooking with them, but the lore is also fascinating.

~Brenda

3 comments:

Sharon S. said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7NZPfl0l4

check out this song if you like King Arthur's legend. It is a lullabye sung by Morgana (sp?) to her son Mordred.

i love it!!! so haunting

hendy said...

I won your historical romance books prize package on Oct. 18th and never received the package-can you let me know if I'll be receiving it or if I'm just out of luck. Thanks
Heather H.

Brenda Hyde said...

Thanks Sharon:)

Hendy-- I have a quite a few romance books on hand, so I'll get out a package to you. Sorry about that!